After chatting with Gianni, he reminded us that we needed to think of a problem first, and then come up with a solution after. Taking this on, we came up with some problems that we could use, while still keeping in the theme of QR and barcodes.
Here are our notes from our brainstorm:
Problems to solve & answers with project:
- Some products travel too far across the world to arrive in shops, causing more CO2 to pollute the atmosphere.
- Show how far products have travelled
- Show alternative, more local product
- CO2 saved
- People can pick up fatty foods by accident in supermarkets
- Show all calories, fats, sugars, etc. info
- Find healthier product
- Packaging effect on environment
- Is it recyclable?
- If you recycle, how much are you saving the planet?
- Cheaper & Greener product?
- Price comparison
- Not recycling, want CO2 heavy product. How can I help another way?
- Plant a tree?
- What’s popular in your area? How eco-friendly are people in your area?
- Leader board?
- Radar chart visualisation
- Facebook/Twitter integration
- News related to product
- Negative production?
- iPad in China…